Lilly's latest promo video!

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A third in Miss Sumol :)

Had very limited access to internet the past ten days, so apologies for the lack of posts!
Good news is I had a pretty good result in Portugal's gorgeous city of Aveiro, in the Miss Sumol Cup.
I finished in 3rd :)
The event does not count towards the IBA World Tour, but I always love travelling to this contest as it's a an event just for girls and we always get treated like princesses there!






It was good training for the next big event on the IBA world tour in Rio, and a good opportunity to make a little money for my trip!
The waves were small, but super fun, good little peaks to play with. I felt like I was surfing may
be the best I ever had in a contest, I won all my heats, mixed it up on lefts and rights, and even managed a couple of 9 point ARS's and a barrel in the event!
We were really unlucky in the final as the wind kicked in and the waves turned to mush. But that's competition, anything can happen.
Congrats to Nicolle Calheiros for the win, she surfed great in the final.
The Miss Sumol event really is such a great event for women, I'm stoked to have been a part of it. I had a really good time seeing everyone and making new friends. Hopefully see you all next year! :)
www.misssumolcup.com

No comments:

Post a Comment